Friday, September 16, 2011

Sweet Home Alabanana (Bread)

I had three ripe bananas today and wanted to try something new, so I looked up banana bread in my "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry" cookbook by the Podleski sisters. My husband had mentioned that they made a good looking banana bread on their show the other night.

I went to page 160 and gave it a try. The recipe makes two small loaves. They said to cut into 8, but I cut mine into 12. Looked good to me.


I really enjoyed the loaf, and so did my ladies group this morning, and my parents, who surprised me with a lunch-time visit, and I think my husband and children were left looking for more. I do wish I had mini chocolate chips, however, since there were fewer chips when you use regular ones and each bite didn't necessarily get a chip. I also added raisins - I could easily have added more! All in all, very good banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment