Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chocolate Chip Carrot Bread Recipe

Still with the carrot theme, I also made carrot loaf. It is very moist and delicious. I may have added a touch too much cinnamon! I modified a recipe in my cookbook called "Taste of Home Winning Recipes".
 
This is my version of
Chocolate Chip Carrot Bread
In a large bowl, combine:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
shake of ground cloves
In a small bowl, beat:
3 eggs
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry. Fold in:
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup chocolate chips
 
Transfer to two greased 8 x 4 x 2" loaf pans. Bake at 350degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near centre comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack.
 
The children and I all enjoyed it. Hope you can too! I've tried this recipe before as muffins and that also worked well. It made 22 beautiful muffins. I baked them at 400 for 16-18 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment