Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wee Fondue Cookies

I made chocolate fondue for dessert when my daughter had a friend over. It was imperative that I made cookies to go with it. So I made these:


Wee Fondue Cookies (from Company's Coming Fondues)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg

2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Cream butter, sugar and egg together in large bowl until smooth.
Add milk and vanilla. Mix.
Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes, using 1 to 1 1/2 inch cookie cutters. Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes until edges start to turn golden.
The original recipe says this makes 4 dozen cookies. I made 8 dozen.

These made nice vanilla sugar cookies! They were great dipped in chocolate! I found that they were a bit sticky to roll out so I rolled them out on wax paper and froze them a while before lifting them from the wax paper and placing them on the cookie sheet. That worked great!





No comments:

Post a Comment