Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snow Day Smoothie

Welcome to another winter storm day here on the East Coast! Hope you stayed warm and safe! Guess what my children wanted for a snack on this snowy afternoon? That's right, a smoothie! I guess I keep it too warm in the house! No matter, I made them a smoothie. They declared it was the best one ever.

So, what went into it to make it the best ever? I'll tell you.

Snow Day Smoothie (Blueberry Banana Smoothie) 
3/4 cup milk
2 x 100g blueberry flavored yogurt, frozen (the children give higher ratings with IOGO yogurt)
1 banana with brown spots, frozen or fresh (it must be riper than the ones in photo)
1/4 cup of frozen blueberries (wild or tame)


Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serves 4 children nicely!

After their smoothies, the children and I went out to try to scrape our driveway. It was very frozen out there and rather impossible to move anything. When we came in, I made them all some hot chocolate with marshmallows. That seemed a little more expected. Hopefully the snow will let up soon and maybe they'll even get to school tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment