Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sesame Chicken and Oven Baked Rice Pilaf

I don't know if I should show you the picture of my Sesame Chicken (From "Company's Coming Chicken, Etc." page 49.) or not. It was not my greatest achievement, that's for sure. I made the mistake of baking chicken from partly frozen. In order to have it properly cooked, it got dried out. I found the recipe also had too many cracker crumbs and not enough sesame seeds. Next time, I will try this with drumsticks or thighs and it should be great. The coating held up really well and had a good flavor and looked fine, but I used breasts only and they all were rather dry and not exciting at all. Oh, I may as well show it to you...
So, there it is. A little dark and it doesn't even look like chicken.

The rice pilaf recipe comes from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook, version 12. It is
Rice Pilaf
3/4 cup rice
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (I used 1 1/2 cups boiling water and 2 packets of chicken OXO)
Measure all into a 1 quart casserole, cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. (I used brown rice and baked it for 50 minutes. I should have increased the water a little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment