Saturday, May 7, 2011

Val's Date Bread p. 441

If you like banana bread with walnuts, you must try this one! It was sweet, sticky and delicious! It was packed with nuts and dates and the crust was perfectly crunchy. It was awesome. Dates and walnuts were the only things in it that are not always in my pantry anyway. I might try to healthy it up a bit next time (although it may not be as delicious then). I think it would still be fine with a little less sugar and even more dates and some whole wheat flour. It's worth a try.

Look at how packed with nuts and dates that is! It's beautiful. The recipe says to make two small loaves, but I only have large loaf pans, so I made one large loaf and 8 muffins. I baked the muffins for 30 minutes, instead of 50 for the loaf, at 300 in my convection oven. They came out perfectly. Note that you do need to soak the dates for 20 minutes ahead of time, so work that into your schedule.  All in all, I was very pleased with this loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment