Saturday, February 19, 2011

Apple Oatmeal Muffins

Another favorite muffin of ours is the "Oatmeal Apple Muffins" from page 40 of Company's Coming  Mostly Muffins. I think they are popular because they have a topping of brown sugar, rolled oats and cinnamon. They remind me of apple cake. What's not to love?
The apple gives them a nice softness, the oats, a nutty flavor and a little texture. You'll note that they are in silicone wrappers. I bake them in these wrappers in the muffin tin. I find they need the oven to be 10 degrees warmer to form a nicely shaped muffin that gets properly baked on the bottom. When I don't increase the temperature, they become highly peaked, or lop-sided muffins with white bottoms.

I'm sure these muffins would be great with nuts too, but I try to make nut-free muffins so my children can bring them to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment