Thursday, February 24, 2011

Raisin-Nut Bread p. 443

This should be called "Amazing Braided Raisin-Nut Bread". It mixed up beautifully, it used the amount of flour it called for, it rested and rose according to plan and it tasted light, fluffy, soft and delicious! Maybe it was the sun streaming in my kitchen that warmed the kitchen enough to make a perfect bread or maybe it was just a good recipe, but I can't say enough good things about it.
Here is what it looked like before baking. I was rising it in my sunny bay window in the kitchen. Ahhh, beautiful! Then I baked it for 25 minutes and it looked even more fabulous.


Every delicious braid filled with nuts and raisins. Then there is a glaze to top it off! What a treat. Reminds me of the Swedish tea rings my mother makes at Christmas. 
Look at that! It smelled heavenly. I didn't want to stop to take pictures - especially since it was noon.

I had to have a bite! I quickly took a picture before I devoured that piece. It was wonderful!

I've already marked this recipe "fabulous!" in the book! I hope for more delicious surprises like this as I go through the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment