Friday, February 18, 2011

Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Originally, this was a recipe for Oatmeal Banana Loaf. I just bake it for a shorter time and added the chocolate chips so my family would love them. I love that I can get my son who doesn't eat bananas at all to eat these.
Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cups sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

3 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
4 medium mashed bananas
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together first 8 dry ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Mix in oil, milk and bananas and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients.
Stir just to moisten. Batter will be lumpy.
Fill greased or lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until tops spring back when pressed gently.
Yields about 18 muffins.

These are so good right out of the oven with a tall glass of milk! I feel that they are even healthy enough that we eat them as lunch! The chocolate chips make a beautiful mess of my 2 year old's face when we eat them still warm. Yum yum! They are also fantastic if you make them with raisins or walnuts (or both) instead of chocolate chips. I've even tried them with blueberries and that works too.

No comments:

Post a Comment