Friday, April 8, 2011

The chocolate cake dilemma

After the monumental chocolate cake from the last birthday that lasted me about 7 servings, I decided I don't want chocolate cake again for a while. I still love chocolate, but thought it might be time for a change.

Now here's April, and the youngest makes a request for her cake: "I want chocolate cake with chocolate icing and flowers coming out of it like Kimberly's." She's turning 3. How can I say, "no"? Therein lies the dilemma.

So, I started looking for a different chocolate cake recipe that might be a bit lighter. I compared at least 6 recipes. Tomorrow I shall bake one that is called "Rich Chocolate Cake with Creamy Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Frosting". Sounds devine. Although, I plan to make it with Orange flavored butter cream filling and frost it with my usual chocolate fudge icing. There is a lot more liquid in this recipe than my usual chocolate cake recipe. There is also some baking powder. We'll see if it leads to a lighter cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment