Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Five-Cup Slice Squares

These are tonight's addition to the squares I'll be serving as Easter dessert. I can't believe I've never made them before! They are from Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares Cookbook (page 78).
They were super-easy to make. They were super-sticky and delicious! (As long as you like nuts and coconut). They remind me of a sweeter and chocolatey-er version of a Quaker Chewy Granola bar with Chocolate Chips. I baked them perhaps a little too long - the edge ones were a bit crispy, so next time I'll try them at 20 minutes, rather than 25 in my convection oven. I had lined my pan with tinfoil for easy removal of the squares. Well, they came out of the pan, but I had to pick tinfoil off the sticky bottom for 10 minutes! So I've added the note, "please GREASE pan EXTRA well, super sticky!" (I should have known; all that is in them is raisins, chocolate chips, peanuts, coconut and sweetened condensed milk).

No comments:

Post a Comment