Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cream Cheese Brownies

These were another square I made for today's big Easter feaster! They are from page 80 of the Company's Coming 150 Delicious Squares. They are cream cheese brownies with cherries. The bottom layer is brownie, then there is a layer of cream cheese mixed with sugar and marachino cherries. Then there is some more brownie bits dollopped on top of that. Bake it and it looks like this:
Spreading the dollops over was tricky and not fun. I think if I made these again, I'd just put all the brownie on the bottom and let the cream cheese layer be on top. It would be much easier and still come out looking about the same. Once out of the oven, cool, cover in icing, cut into squares and here's what you get:

A soft and delicious brownie. I left the walnuts out because I wanted to have at least one square with no nuts in them. These were among the first to go today. I thought they could have been more chocolate-y. (The Midnight Mints were first to go.)

Hope you had a Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment